- User: Login with user name and password
- Group: Users can belong to one or multiple groups
- Role: User and/or groups have roles.
- Permissions: Permissions for certain resources (e.g. topics, WMS services) are assigned to roles
Special users and roles: A special user named
admin with all permissions is added automatically. For each site a role with the same name is defining the permissions for a public user not logged in.
- This role has the following permissions
lieniis member of group
- This group has role
Layer +show ForestMap/* Tool +show ForestMap/EditTool Topic +edit ForestMap Layer +edit ForestMap/Forest
Self organized groups
- User receives invitation mail with signup link
- Sign up of users
- Group administrator receives a mail with direct link for activating users
Administration page with links to all topics with self-administration:
Signup link example for a user:
- Create roles. E.g.
- Assign one ore more users the
- Create groups. E.g.
- Assign roles to groups:
- Assign permissions to the roles. E.g.
exampleeditis allowed to edit a the example topic
- Set permission for action
editof resource type
Groupfor admin role. E.g. role
Optional: Extend registration forms with group specific fields:
- Add a partial
_app_infos.html.erbwith specific fields in directory
- Add a group specific mail text in
Send signup URL for groups to invited users.
If you add users manually to groups, don’t forget to mark the membership